|Explosion in Briceton injures 3|
|Monday, December 09, 2013 1:47 PM|
BRICETON – Paulding Fire Dept. and two EMS squads were called to the corner of Bayne and Magee streets in Briceton shortly before noon Monday, Dec. 9 for a reported explosion in a garage.
One man reportedly taken from the scene to the St. Joseph Hospital Burn Unit in Fort Wayne was listed in "critical but stable" condition Tuesday.
On Monday evening, Sheriff Jason Landers said via an email message that he was not on scene and did not have names or specifics. However, "I do know some guys were working on a vehicle gas tank when a salamander heater ignited and blew up," Landers stated. He speculated that it may have been a flash fire from the fumes.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:54 AM|