|Register now for Ag Day|
|Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:15 PM|
VAN WERT – Join a variety of expert speakers Wednesday, Feb. 27 with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. for the 2013 Van Wert and Paulding County Ag Day.
Guest speakers include:
• Dr. Steven Prochaska, associate professor, OSU Extension field specialist explaining the “4R’s and Dissolved Reactive Phosphorous Issues”
• Dr. Ed Lentz, associate professor, crops specialist and OSU Extension educator on “Micronutrients and Gypsum Needs and Uses”
• Van Wert County’s own Aaron Baker, from Keister & Baker LLC, Law Office giving good tips on “Things That You Should Know About Taxes and Estate Planning”
• “Field Crops Insects: The Old, The New and the Coming,” by Dr. Curtis Young, assistant professor and Van Wert County OSU Extension educator.
• Dr. Bob Nielson, professor of agronomy, corn specialist, Purdue University, bringing you “The Impacts of Drought on Corn and Managing Crops for Unpredictable Weather Stress.”
The cost for this very informative day with continental breakfast and lunch, plus meeting materials is $10 with preregistration. Cost will be $20 for walk-ins. Registration deadline is Feb. 20.
Ag Day will be held at the OSU Van Wert County Extension meeting room on the Van Wert County Fairgrounds. Come early and browse the sponsor booths. Door prizes will be awarded at end of the meeting, approximately 3:30 p.m.
Register by calling the OSU Extension Van Wert County office 419-238-1214 or the OSU Extension Paulding County office 419-399-8225.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in