|Candidates may take out nominating petitions for fall election|
|Monday, March 04, 2013 7:54 PM|
PAULDING – Nearly 80 village council members, school board members and township trustees in Paulding County will be voted on in the next election.
Petitions may be picked up now for the Nov. 5 General Election. The filing deadline for these non-partisan petitions is 4 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7 (90 days before the general election). This filing deadline is also the same filing deadline for local questions and issues.
The candidates on the ballot for this election will be for:
• Four village council members in each village
• Cecil Village mayor
• The clerk-treasurer in Latty Village
• One board of public affairs (BPA) member in Latty and Payne villages
• Two township trustees in each township
• A fiscal officer in Blue Creek, Crane and Harrison township for the unexpired term
• Board of education members for the Antwerp Local (3), Paulding Exempted Village (2) and Wayne Trace Local (3) school districts
• Western Buckeye Governing Board members for each the Crestview, Wayne Trace and At-Large District (unexpired term).
Avoid the last-minute pressure of filing a petition or local questions and issues. Interested candidates do not have to wait until the filing deadline. The election board office staff is ready to answer and assist with any questions.
Please contact the office if you or someone you know would like to be a poll worker. You can also find information on the election board website.
Staff and board members are Brenda Crawford, director; Janet Commers, deputy director; David Cline, chairman; and Stanley Harmon, William Shugars and Roger Sierer, members.
Regular office hours are 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Office telephone number is 419-399-8230 and fax number is 419-399-8250. Email address is email@example.com.
Find the election board website through electionsonthe.net or through the Ohio Secretary of State website at www.sos.state.oh.us.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in