|Glass to be dropped from recycling program|
|Monday, June 24, 2013 4:35 PM|
Due to unexpected marketing changes, glass recycling will no longer be offered through the WMEA (Waste Management Education Awareness) program.
The program provides drop off sites throughout the county. Those sites are: the first Saturday of each month at Grover Hill, Haviland, and Scott; the second Saturday at Melrose, Oakwood, and Junction; the third Saturday at Payne, Briceton, and Latty. For more information, contact Becky Suvar, WMEA program manager, at 419-399-3630.
WMEA has learned that Erie Recycling will no longer collect glass as well. They are located in Antwerp, but service Paulding Village and Cecil Village the first Saturday of the month as well as curbside pick ups in Antwerp, Paulding and Payne villages. Contact them for further Information at 419-258-2345.
Kohart’s Salvage did away with collecting glass in 2012. They collect all other items during their work day.
Recycling items still taken and how to prepare them:
• Mixed paper – can be regular copier paper, notebook paper, magazines
• Cardboard – please break it down
• Plastics #1 and #2 – rinsed and caps put back on to bottle
• Aluminum cans – rinsed
• Steel cans – rinsed
Items WMEA does not take:
• Candy wrappers
• Trash of any kind – no used paper plates, used Kleenex, paper towels, old pens, etc.
• Styrofoam – of any kind, cups or otherwise
• All other plastics #5, #6, #7, #8 Note – look on bottom of container, find triangle and locate number inside. We only take #1 and #2; Erie Recycling will take the #4 plastic at this time.
Any questions, call Becky Suvar at 419-399-3630 or cell 419-399-7135; email at email@example.com.
Get online to see program information about recycling at www.pauldingcountywmea.com.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in