|Personnel addressed at PEVS meeting|
|Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:11 PM|
PAULDING – The Paulding Exempted Village School board met on Sept. 10.
The following personnel recommendations by the superintendent were approved:
• the resignations of Debra Hornyak, Oakwood third grade teacher, and Ruby Crossland, Paulding third grade teacher, both for retirement;
• approved a one-year limited contract for Alicia Plotts and Lacey Sanders, bus drivers;
• approved Kristan Clady as a substitute teacher;
• approved the following as substitute teachers, pending records: Sharon Bradford, Tina Roberts, Sheila Hilton, Elizabeth Tolson-Frankart, Andrea Maidlow and Pamela Zuber;
• approved the following substitute support staff, pending records: Kathi Andrist, Diane Dobbins, Tiffany Kremer, Nicole Kuntz, Rita Landers, Amanda Pollock, Lori Price-Hull, Sara Sutton;
• approved one-year limited extracurricular contract for Matt Mead, assistant high school wrestling, pending records;
• a one-year limited was approved for Tony Gonzales Jr., head wrestling coach.
• approved for change of placement for Angie Burtch, junior high football cheer advisor;
• approved to change the .5 FTE Oakwood Elementary intervention position to .6 FTE and adjust the contract of Andrea Maidlow from .5 FTE to .6 FTE.
The board moved to go into executive session to consider the employment and dismissal of a public employees or officials and a matter to be kept confidential by federal law.
After the board returned to regular session, Greg Reinhart moved to suspend Todd Harmon as head volleyball coach effective Sept. 11. This motion did not pass due to lack of a second.
Superintendent William Hanak reported on ALICE safety training. A community meeting will be held Sept. 23.
Recommendations by the superintendent included:
• approval of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Paulding Education Association and the Paulding Exempted Board of Education relating to OTES (Ohio Teachers Evaluation System);
• approval of a motion that states the Board of Education of Paulding School District approves the constitution and by-laws of the Southwestern Ohio Educational Purchasing Council and elects to become an active member of such organization;
• a resolution authorizing the purchase of two buses from the Southwestern Ohio Educational Purchasing Council was tabled until next meeting;
• approval of the beverage agreement with Pepsi Bottling Group LLC for five years starting July 1, 2013.
The principal’s report included a Race to the Top update.
The board approved the following special education transfers: Rocky Dangler to PE secretary and Jackie Pease to support services, curriculum, attendance secretary.
The following items were approved by the board:
• advances from the General Fund to the following funds: Uniform School Supplies, $27,900; ECE Preschool, $4,040.65;
• the Return of Advance from IDEA, $547.75 and Title II-A, $4,589.18 to the General Fund.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in