|Etzler named Paulding Middle School principal|
|Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:55 PM|
By JOE SHOUSE • Progress Staff Writer
PAULDING – In its regular scheduled monthly meeting the Paulding Exempted Village School board met on Thursday, May 22 at the administrative office. Following executive session the board reported the hiring of Chris Etzler as Paulding Middle school principal effective Aug. 1, 2014-July 31, 2016. Etzler has been serving the position since January as well as the district’s athletic director.
The board heard from district librarian Ellen Williams about the library and its many programs and uses to aid students. The board also had opportunity to be updated on the FFA and progress many of its members have experienced throughout the year. Some of Paulding’s chapter attended the recent FFA convention and briefly shared their experiences.
In other business, the board approved:
• the five-year forecast as presented by district treasurer Maria Rellinger.
• creation of the Monroe Scholarship Fund.
• Third Federal Savings and Loan Association as a depository of school and inactive/active/interim investments.
• transfer of Lance Estle from middle school intervention to middle school/high school physical education/health teacher.
• the following scholarships for the class of 2014. Virgil Cooper - Justin Carnahan, Andrew Layman, Alyssa Shelmadine, Ali Singer, Tiffany Spangler, Jade VanCleve; Rosemary Young - Melissa Durham; PEVS Board and Administration - Kaitlyn Roughton, Kaylyn Rager, Andrew Layman, Julian Salinas, Emily Albert ($300 each); Iris Gallagher - Kaley Varner, Brad Manson ($100 each); Pepsi Cola - Julian Salinas, Kandee Manson ($250 each); Russell Bauer - Andrew Layman, Kayla Shaffer ($500 each), Melrose Area Book - Kaley Varner ($150); Gorman Family Trust - Joseph Kaiser ($3,500), Kaitlyn Roughton ($3,000), Seth Mattocks ($2,500), Sierra McCullough ($2,500), Kaylyn Rager ($1,000), former students Alex Knodel, Katie Kohart, Mikayla Pieper, Mesa Pracht, Savannah Roughton, Alyssa St. John, Courtney St. John, Andrew Smiley and Zane Wilhelm ($500 each).
The following personnel recommendations by superintendent Hanak were approved:
• resignation of Jill Breedlove, bus driver, effective May 28.
• resignation of Laurie Ball, Oakwood Elementary intervention specialist, effective at the end of the current contract year.
• one-year limited contract for Tyler Arend, Paulding Elementary intervention teacher, beginning the 2014-15 school year, pending records.
• one year limited extracurricular contracts, effective for 2014-15 school year, pending records: Jon Snodgrass, junior athletic director; Shawn Brewer, junior high athletic director; Kelsey Smathers, junior varsity volleyball; Don Clark, head marching band director and pep band; Theresa Anderson, assistant marching band director; Dave Clapsaddle, barbershop quartet; Sam Hatcher, senior class advisor; Jill Hatcher, senior class advisor and middle school council; LeeAnn Favorito, science lab advisor and sophomore class advisor; Brett Foster, freshman class advisor; Krisi Williams, engineering team advisor and high school Olympic advisor; Rose Kreitemeyer, FCCLA advisor; Melissa Harder, National Honor Society advisor; Malinda Schmidt, National Honor Society; Rob Schnipple, FFA advisor; Brett Foster, FAA advisor; Carolyn Connelly, high school yearbook advisor; Beth Kelly, head drama director, junior class advisor; Sandy Dobbelaere, music director and junior class advisor; Marilyn Gangwer, middle school Science Olympiad; Nancy Wehrkamp, Beth Thornell and Eric Weber, Oakwood Memorial Day director.
• approved substitute support staff for the remaining 2013-14 school year – Jamye Jones and Kristy Philpot as custodians and Harold Raub, mechanic.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in