OAKWOOD – The Paulding School board met Tuesday, Oct. 15 in the Oakwood Elementary cafeteria.
Oakwood Elementary sixth graders Michael Humphreys, Claire McClure and Audra Stuck, along with their teacher, AmyJo Brimmer, presented their data binders to the board members.
The board authorized the purchase of two buses from the Southwestern Ohio Educational Purchasing Council. Bus bids: a 2015 Blue Bird 84-passenger transit for $89,252 and a 2015 Bluebird 78-passenger conventional, not to exceed $82,400.
Two buses will be traded in upon delivery.
They also okayed prices for winter sports season tickets for the 2013-14 school year: season ticket – boys basketball, adults $55, students $30; girls basketball, adults $50, students $30; all sport ticket (admission to all winter events) – family pass $200 (includes children in grades K-12; adults $75, students $40, student athletes $10.
In the superintendent’s report, William Hanak discussed a curriculum update and special education update. Robert Schnippel is the new vocational agriculture teacher, and Jessica Goyings has transferred to support services secretary.
In other matters, the board:
• authorized sending approximately 50 eighth grade students and four chaperones to Springfield and Chicago by chartered bus. The cost is $442 per student and will be paid by the student or fundraisers.
• approved the five-year forecast for fiscal year 2014.
• approved the Vantage board member policy.
• accepted the memorandum of understanding between Paulding Exempted Village Schools and Northwest State Community College in regards to the Project Jump Start program.
• accepted the copier-printer lease agreement with Current Office Solutions from February 2014 to February 2019.
The board approved the following personnel items effective for the 2013-14 school year, pending records:
• the resignation of John Manz as bus driver for the purpose of retirement.
• the resignation of Todd Harmon as varsity head volleyball coach, effective Sept. 27.
• Kelsey Smathers and Kristen Cheslock as co-varsity volleyball coaches effective Sept. 28.
• one-year limited interim contracts for Andrea Mead, high school-middle school phys ed, effective Oct. 1.
• one-year limited contracts for Lacey Sanders, Carrie Jones and Greg Jeffery.
• one-year limited extracurricular contracts pending records to Matt Mead, Sam Carnahan, Tyler Ash, Brian Miller.
• Hayden Krick and Marsha Neidhardt as substitute teachers, pending records.
• substitute support staff pending records: Clint Haney, Holly Manz, Alisha Plotts, Holly Vance, Annette Woodruff.
• workers for athletic department: Michelle Brown, Sam Hatcher, Andrew Jones, Kastin Kelly, Chet Moore, Kenny Simpson, Dave Stallkamp, Shelly Stafford, Dan Vance, Dan Workman.
The board held an executive session to consider the employment of public employees or officials.