World-renowned leaders to speak at Leadercast on May 9
VAN WERT – Community and business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders by attending Leadercast in Van Wert on May 9.
The Van Wert Area Chamber of Commerce along with sponsors Kenn-Feld Group Inc., Vancrest, Cooper Farms and Central Insurance Companies, are pleased to bring this leadership development opportunity to the greater Van Wert area. The May 9 event will be 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at LifeHouse Church at the YMCA Camp Clay Center.
The Leadercast event is broadcast LIVE from Atlanta to hundreds of sites around the world, including Van Wert. This year’s speaker lineup includes:
• Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate and human rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa
• Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of The Tipping Point and Outliers
• Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter (“Braveheart,” “Secretariat”)
• Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP
• Laura Schroff, former ad sale executive and best-selling author of An Invisible Thread
• Dr. Henry Cloud, clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
• Simon Sinek, Best-selling author of Start with Why and leadership expert
• Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States (2001-2009) via exclusive video interview.
Last year, over 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Leadercast. Now, in its 15th year, this full-day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
“Central is excited and proud to be a top tier sponsor for 2014 Leadercast. A company is only as good as its leaders ... we want each leader at Central to ‘Be a Leader Worth Following’,” stated Jan White, Central Insurance Companies senior vice president-human resources and facilities. “We know this program will be beneficial to our people; we look forward to learning from the leadership experts involved in this simulcast. Thanks to the Van Wert Chamber for bringing a quality program like this to Van Wert!”
All communities including Van Wert need excellent, more inspiring leaders in our, businesses, schools and organizations. Leadercast exists to serve individuals and organizations across all sectors who want to become intentional about raising their standard of leadership.
Cooper Farms recognizes how critical it is to develop leaders of excellence with integrity ... to inspire and awaken leaders to be a leader worth following.
Mark Hiegel, plant manager at Cooper Farms Cooked Meats shares, “We firmly believe that our team members are what set us apart as a company, and we love the opportunity to send our leaders to this event that will help them become more passionate and creative than they already are. We’re confident that we will greatly benefit from this simulcast!”
Leadercast exists to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership. This year’s theme – “Beyond You. Be A Leader Worth Following” – challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward. Experience Leadercast on May 9 and discover what it means to be a leader worth following.
For local ticketing information, call 419-238-4390, email chamber@vanwertchamber or visit www.vanwertchamber.com.