PAULDING – The General Election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013.
All people who are not registered to vote and wish to vote in the upcoming General Election must register by Monday, Oct. 7, at the board of elections; or, you may register to vote at an office of any deputy registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, public libraries, public high schools or vocational schools, county treasurer’s office, office of Secretary of State or any of the 88 county boards of elections.
Normal office hours for the Paulding County Board of Elections office are Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m. The office will be open until 9 p.m. on Oct. 7, voter registration deadline.
Have you moved or changed your name since the last time you voted? If so, you should notify the board of elections by Monday, Oct. 7.
Persons not certain of their registration validity may contact the board of elections office at 419-399-8230, or write, email, or stop in the office at 105 E. Perry St. in Paulding. You may review your voter information on the website at http://electionsonthe.net or by searching “Paulding County Board of Elections.” You may also change your name or address online at www.MyOhioVote.com.
Should you wish to register at the Paulding County Bureau of Motor Vehicles, located at 831 N. Williams St., Paulding, the office hours are Monday 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Tuesday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Saturday 8 a.m.-noon.
You are qualified to vote if:
• You are a citizen of the United States.
• You will be at least 18 years old on or before Nov. 6.
• You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
• You are not incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state or the United States.
• You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
• You have not been permanently disfranchised for violations of the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections conducted in your voting precinct more than 30 consecutive days after you are properly registered to vote in Ohio.
If you have any questions, please call the board of elections at 419-399-8230 or email email@example.com with any other questions. The website is http://electionsonthe.net/.